A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a UX/UI Designer based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The UX/UI (User Experience / User Interface) Designer will work as part of the digital product delivery team. The role of the UX/UI Designer is to create ‘Best In Class’ experiences for firms product across websites and mobile apps (including future channels/devices). They will follow user-centred design methods, industry best practices and trends, creating accessible user journeys and products for the bank's customers.
The UX/UI Designer will be accountable for key deliverables consist mainly of (but not limited to) user research, customer experience maps, personas, flow charts, sitemaps, sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes, user testing materials and analysis, UI deliverables, mood boards, modular/atomic design, native mobile design, interaction definitions and high-fidelity screen designs while adhering to guidelines and standards. They will support stakeholder engagement and presentations on a regular basis and provide design expertise support in all aspects of UCD (User-centered design), with strong emphasis on mobile-centric solutions, across the analysis and design functions.
The UX/UI Designer will work to a high standard to ensure alignment of all the work to the work produced by the rest of the design team, supporting consistent user experience and alignment across multiple product. They will support a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience, while understanding and balancing firm’s objectives of profitability and productivity alongside adhering to the need to comply with financial crime compliance and risk.
The UX/UI Designer will be working with creative directors and visual designers to incorporate visual / brand identity into the finished product. They will play a vital role in defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications, developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications and communicating scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Experience in User Centred Design methodology and its practical implementation.
- Skilled in the use of various software tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Flinto, Principle, Adobe suite etc.
- In-depth understanding and experience with native app design for both Android and iOS, along with first-rate knowledge of responsive web design along with an understanding of user research and user testing methods and an ability to translate the research findings into design solutions.
- Artistic eye for design.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent IT and programming skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment.
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
- Banking / Financial services experience beneficial.
Closing dates for applications 17th July 2019