Technical Services Manager
Becoming a Technical Services Manager with Capita IT & Networks:
Working within a service delivery team providing services to a diverse customer base, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the technical management and delivery of services to a major managed service contract. Responsibilities will include leading the technical engagement with the customer, driving innovation, and ensuring operational health of the solution. As a key stakeholder within the delivery model of a managed service, this role involves ownership of technical decisions, service escalations and provides important support to the commercial management of the services provided.
Working closely with Client Services Management to ensure successful delivery and a collaborative approach of partnership with the customer, this role is central to not only meeting contractual obligations but also initiating and actively pursuing service improvement. This role will involve high levels of interaction with the customer, account management and the relevant service delivery teams.
This challenging and rewarding role requires a high level of focus on customer requirements, a comprehensive awareness of delivery capability and an excellent understanding of specific partner requirements to provide an efficient interface.
This role also requires a strong awareness across multiple technologies in order to ably manage and co-ordinate delivery of the supported solution. The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical governance and lead from the front in the resolution of service issues and queries. This hands-on role is required to not only actively contribute to technical tasks but also provide clear direction on further development of the service / solution to maintain an ever-improving customer experience.
We are open to considering Senior Engineers who want to take that next step up into a more commercially focused role.
What you will do:
- Work as a key member of a team providing technical support to key Managed Service customers
- Co-ordinate and lead the response and resolution of technical issues
- Actively participate in delivery of support and provide governance over the technical solution
- Interaction with relevant customers and to develop the client relationships
- When required, attendance of monthly and quarterly service review meetings with the customer and contributing to reports produced, providing incident analysis and commentary on ongoing technical issues
- Responsible for maintaining the overall health of the managed service infrastructure
- To act as a primary interface between the customer/CSM and Capita delivery teams - maintain a close working relationship with the CSM to collaborate on service improvement
- To have an in-depth working knowledge of the customer's business, applications and relationship of the components of the overall technical and service solution
- To build and maintain collaborative relationships with service delivery teams and external suppliers
- To have an active role in developing a contract re-win strategy and design
- Escalated point of contact should customer requirements not be met by the solution being delivered
- Responsible for managing the availability of the services by identification of trends, underlying issues with the infrastructure, deficiencies in the design, issues with delivery etc.
- Responsibility for overseeing patch and upgrade management
- Ownership of technical documentation relating to the deployed solution; ensuring that all information is up to date and correct
- Proven track record of managing an infrastructure related ICT service.
- Experience in supporting/managing technologies such as: Windows Server, infrastructure (SAN, Virtualization), Exchange and content filtering technologies, enterprise level backup solutions and Citrix application delivery
- Experience of managing call response and resolution
- Experience of team management and work allocation
- Experience of ITIL standards and procedures
- Experience in interaction and reporting for senior management and customers
- Experience of management of large managed services
About Capita IT & Networks
Capita IT & Networks are a division of Capita plc, delivering a portfolio of IT infrastructure and network solutions covering everything from strategic and technical consulting, through to full outsourced solutions. We're currently one of the top five providers in the industry, and a market leader within the UK public sector with the number one market share in local government, education and health. We need your technical know-how to support us in offering our exceptional, scalable range of capabilities.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.