- Catholic Primary School
- 2 form entry
A diverse, inner London Catholic primary school are looking for a qualified SEN Coordinator to join their staff part-time from September 2019. The school, based in Southwark, is popular in the local community providing a supportive and caring learning environment for all pupils. The SENCO is pivotal in making sure all pupils make progress and are supported and cared for appropriately across the whole school.
As the SENCO you will be responsible for coordinating all the support for children with Special Educational Needs and or Disabilities (SEND) and developing the school's SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school. You role will include:
- Making sure that parents are involved in supporting their child's learning including planning, regular information updates and reviews
- Liaising with outside agencies and support e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychologist, therapists etc.
- Updating the school's SEND record of need and making sure that there are excellent records all pupil's progress and needs.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school
- Work alongside class teachers to write Personal Learning Plans (PLP) that specify the targets for individual pupils.
- Preparing Education, Health and Care Plans
- Organising training for staff so they are aware and confident about how to meet the needs of pupils within the school.
The school offers a good education to it's pupils. Catholic values underpin the core of the schools ethos and approach and help children to achieve their full potential, have a sense of belonging, and encourage their determination, faith, respect and love for each other. The recently appointed Headteacher has made a positive impact and is supported by an effective senior leadership team and governing body. As a popular inner city school, staff value their staff and offer access to professional development opportunities and wider support from Southwark central services.
To apply for this role you must
- hold QTS and a SENCO qualification
- be able to coach and mentor others effectively and work as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, organisation and the ability to prioritise effectively
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86835081