Public Law Lawyer
- Title: Public Law Lawyer - REF 14894
- Contracting Authority: Central Government
- Contract Length: 5-6 Months
- Location: London
- IR35: In Scope
- Security Clearance: BPSS
- Pay Rate to Candidate: £32.16p/h Umbrella
Legal tasks are likely to include giving public law advice to support the development of policy and legislation to deliver the range of policies, including the Government's Industrial Strategy and Clean Growth Strategy and work related to the UK's withdrawal from the EU. The roles are also likely to include some legislative drafting. Knowledge & skills required:
- Good research and organisational skills.
- Team working skills while being able to work autonomously.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable legal judgment and appreciation of legal risk.
- Sound analysis, using secure legal research to produce timely and fit for purpose advice.
- The ability to rapidly get up to speed with new area of law.
- Fully qualified solicitors or barristers with public law experience. 3+ years ideally and comfortable with high volume of cases.
- Public sector experience and strong grounding in public law in general is highly desirable.
- Experience with advisory, policy work, judicial reviews, drafting etc. will also be beneficial.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86445383