Mobile Multi Skilled Technician (Mechanical)
Health & Safety:
- Provide general mechanical/ HVCA/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, site specific procedures.
- Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carry out condition based monitoring surveys.
- Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assist the Technical Manager in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- Demonstrate qualities to deliver the contract requirements through effective communication, training and personal development.
- Ensure you proactively maintain your levels of training and competency and organise courses as appropriate to fulfil completion of work tasks.
- Provide regular updates on work load to Line Manager Maintain day to day contact with the customer taking notes as required.
- Identify to your Line Manager operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service.
- Through innovation and vision identify any business opportunity and pass information to Line Manager.
- Assist in production of regular reports using IT reporting tools and analytical data.
- Assist in other ad hoc functions within skills level, training and experience on an as-instructed basis.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and feedback through relevant and current procedures.
Health & Safety:
- In conjunction with the HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects, identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure all staff attend and receive regular toolbox talks in accordance with local procedures.
- Manage the preparation and submission for approval all appropriate Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments workflow and cost through effective management techniques.
- Ensure you have appropriate PPE issued and it is worn in accordance with associated risk.
- Ensure all equipment, tools and PPE are adequately maintained.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have an adaptable/flexible approach.
- Capable of obtaining the highest level of security clearance, currently DV
- Requires a UK Driving License
- The ideal candidate will have the relevant C&G, BTEC level 3, ONC/OND or NVQ level 3 in a mechanical discipline
- The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVCA and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.