Senior Finance Manager
We are recruiting for an expansive online retail business based near Reading that is looking for a Senior Finance Manager. Interviews will happen this week. The role here will pay £55,000 and report directly into the CFO. Parking is provided. The role requires an ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountant who either is coming straight from practice or indeed they have industry experience in Financial and Management accounting and now want to add a lot of Commercial Business Partnerning to their CV. This role will have a nice split 50/50 of running the finance team and ensure the monthly timetable is adhered to and updated, whilst really using data to drive insight and analysis. Full Responsibilities are as follows:
- Facilitate data-driven decision making by ensuring key decision makers in the business have appropriate financial analysis to identify opportunities and measure performance
- Assist the Financial Director in presenting reports to the senior leadership team, board members and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Identify and manage the appropriate commercial risk for new ventures or products
- Review and expand financial modelling to ensure that changing business demands are planned, understood and supported
- Oversee annual budgets and reforecasts across the business including leading the roll out of regular reforecasting cycles and processes
- Establish and run efficiency modelling and analysis of marketing spend
- Work with the marketing teams to better understand opportunities and risk
- Propose ways to test areas of marginal ROIs and optimise future levels of investment
- Oversee the accounting and financial control environment
- Preparation, review and distribution of monthly management accounts, including key monthly cash and sales postings
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems. Work cross-functionally to ensure improvements are implemented.
- Work with auditors to ensure prompt filing of statutory accounts and tax computations as well as compliance with all other regulations
- Preparation and maintenance of the annual budget and rolling re-forecasts, including managing the annual Budgeting process
- Preparation of VAT returns across 8 countries
- Supervise and manage finance team of two
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles, providing helpful feedback, identifying training needs, additional resource requirements and improving current procedures where necessary.