Business Recovery Senior Manager - Leading Advisory Firm- Leeds
The Business Recovery team of this major advisory firm work on a wide variety of dynamic projects and the senior manager will receive exposure to a large number of assignments spanning both restructuring and formal insolvency.This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a constant variety of unique challenges.
- The role requires strong financial analysis skills with the successful candidate able to identify and investigate key issues in a restructuring scenario, challenging information provided where appropriate. Excellent excel skills and an ability to undertake accurate and relevant analysis and interrogate financial models are essential.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing draft Independent Business Reviews and other written output and therefore the ability to produce high quality documents/ presentations is required. The candidate will be able to demonstrate strategic thinking around the scoping and presentation of reports, being mindful of stakeholder objectives and positioning for future negotiations.
- The role will provide an opportunity to work with an experienced partner-led team with exposure to a wide range of assignments and industries.
- The role requires an understanding of corporate insolvency procedures from start to finish, with a particular emphasis on Administrations, including pre-pack transactions.
- In addition, the successful candidate should also have a good understanding of Creditors' Voluntary Liquidations and Company Voluntary Arrangements. In addition, experience of contingency planning and options reviews as well as the production of financial models would be advantageous.
- The successful candidate will also understand all areas of compliance and risk as well as have the ability to produce written reports to a high standard, ready for partner review. Knowledge of IPS and strong Excel and PowerPoint skills will also be key.
- This role will require the individual to proactively progress an insolvency caseload, reporting to and working directly with senior colleagues as well as managing junior staff.
- Assume day to day responsibility for the delivery of a range of projects (both in terms of size and complexity) in both the Advisory and Insolvency streams, project managing assignments to resolve the majority of issues prior to Director/Partner involvement
- Support senior members of the team to deliver on a range of assignments, providing strategic input where necessary and deputising for directors / partners as required
- Provide on the job training and guidance to junior colleagues, ensuring that a variety of challenging work is provided to aid retention and career development
- Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
- Strong awareness of relevant risk issues and mitigants on assignments
- Liaise with other relevant professional advisers and stakeholders
- Assist in the sale of businesses/ assets
- Undertake high level investigations
- Be involved in the marketing of the firm's services to potential clients and work providers, proactively seek out new work
- Hold a relevant accounting qualification , with an appropriate amount of advisory and/ or insolvency experience
- An insolvency qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player