Are you a capable offline programmer looking to further your career within CAM? Want to work for a business that use the very latest machinery, reward staff for achieving, and gain exposure to the Aerospace and Defence sectors? Then we want to hear from you!
The company are an established and world renowned leader in the design, development and manufacture of precision high quality parts for the Aerospace, Defence, Oil & Gas, and Sub Sea industries. As part of their continuing expansion they have an opportunity to work within their prestigious engineering facility in Nottingham Working alongside a team of highly skilled machinists, you'll be given full autonomy over delivering finished articles from a customer drawing or specification.
Benefits include a starting salary of circa £38K for the right person, Overtime, attendance bonus, monthly production bonus, 31 days holiday, strong pension and lots of other benefits.
Duties for the role include -
- Offline Programming for up to 5 axis machining centres, using EdgeCAM software
- Creating new programmes from the customer drawing or 3D Model
- Tooling acquisition and sourcing of the best tools for the job in hand
- Planning the job depending on material availability and machine capability
- Supporting the machinists with loading up the programme and providing setting instructions
- Apply a continuous improvement approach
- Provide troubleshooting advice to machinists in the department as required
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience within the following -
- CAM Programming, using EdgeCAM or similar software
- Be able to demonstrate experience writing for 5 axis machining centres
- Solid awareness of Aerospace or Defence manufacturing
- Flexibility towards working shifts if required
This is an genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each engineer supports the next one.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.