My Client are looking for a SQL Developer to join their team in Cardiff.
You will be involved in developing new stored procedures, views and database jobs that support our comparison engine and CRM application, as well working with the Development team to ensure that the database platform is secure and operates effectively with a long-term goal of migrating the whole platform to the cloud. You will hit the ground running as the Company undergo major change to their BI & Reporting platform and support the team of Software Developers.
- Become a subject matter expert in the business data and learn how the data supports the business goals, operations and processes.
- Undertake technical performance reviews of the Database, analyze the finding and implement tuning enhancements.
- Ensure that our indexing strategy is properly implemented and continuously reviewed.
- Incept, Develop and implement new pieces of work (T-SQL) that support the bespoke CRM application and improve how their database functions.
- Act in an advisory and consultancy capacity for the Dev team ensuring that all Database scripts are optimized and tuned and participate in database code reviews
- Implement and manage DevOps and automation for the database.
- Work with the other members of the BI & Data function or the wider DevOps team to manage and resolve incidents that affect the performance of the database, operation of the application, provision of data, reports and BI.
- 2+ years' experience working with SQL Server 2012,2014 or 2016+ in a similar role
- Experience working in a DevOps environment or developing using an Agile development method.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrated hands on experience working with T-SQL.
- Proven experience using various RDBMS technologies (SQL Server) including managing database objects (Tables, Views, Stored Procedures).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work and influence effectively at all levels of the business.
This is an opportunity to work for a leading company in a great location who will offer ongoing training and many benefits, so if you are interested – please apply!