Our client, a worldwide manufacturing organisation, are looking to add a full-time Developer to their IT team. The role will be joining 4 other IT developers and offers the chance to work remotely 3-4 days per week with 1-2 days in the office.
An experienced software engineer with solid skills and a creative and innovative attitude. You will have a proven track record of delivering efficient, stable, safe and scalable code, ideally for industrial applications.You will be fully conversant in the use of VB6, VB.Net, C#, C++. SQL skills will also be helpful.
We are looking for solid experience in:
- User interface design
- Network/ socket programming
- Client/ server systems
- Windows based desktop application development
- 3D graphics and modelling
- Mechanical simulation
- Data collection and processing from machinery (IOT)
- Web/browser- based application development
- Source code control
About the role
You will be involved in the proactive development and maintenance of a range of end user and control systems relating to our bending machines and ancillary products. Have an interest in mechanical and electrical systems plus ideally working knowledge of programming and configuring CNC systems, PLCs, Servo drives, industrial robots and HMIs. Applications cover CNC control systems, 3D graphics and modelling, 3D scanning, interfaces to CAD systems, mechanical simulation, network programming, user interface design, data collection and processing from machinery (the Internet of Things) and other related emerging technologies.
Responsibilities of the role
- Develop powerful but user-friendly software that can be used and maintained by
- non-IT personnel.
- Create accurate and accessible technical documentation for operators and
- maintenance teams.
- Liaise with Unison’s service and support departments in order to diagnose and
- correct software problems at customer sites.