Storm Recruitment Solutions is proud to be recruiting for a Shift Engineer for a fantastic food manufacturer based in Cheshire. The salary for this role is up to £40,000 plus overtime.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the maintenance of all the plant machinery and associated infrastructure to ensure continuity of production to the agreed performance levels. To ensure that any downtime is kept to a minimum and all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance to safe systems of work
- Monitor and adhere to the preventative maintenance system schedule to maximise equipment reliability
- Suggest new ways of working for continuous improvement
- Comply with all technical and HACCP requirements to ensure best product quality
- Utilise the computerised maintenance management system to provide data on PM completion rates and breakdowns
- Work within budgets
- Provide a high class maintenance service to all plants to ensure production targets are met.
- Problem solve and provide ‘quick fix’ solutions to enable the plants to continue production
- Provide support on ad-hoc and assist Senior Engineers
- Keep up-to-date with ‘best practice’ and CI initiatives
We are Storm, your food and drink recruitment specialists. We make it our business to get the expertise you need, as soon as you need it. With nationwide coverage and commercial and operational roles at all levels, our outstanding candidates are here to help our clients take the food and drink industry – by storm.