Database Developer - Immediate Start
Exciting opportunity for a high achieving Independent School in the Weybridge area in search for a Database Developer / System Analyst. Great benefits include 25 days annual leave, Free Gym access and Free daily lunch.
Working as part of the Systems & Data Team, within IT Services Department:
- To assist the Systems Manager in the design and development of in-house database systems, reports and integrated solutions for use across the organisation.
- To assist the Systems Manager with testing, documentation, maintenance and user support for in-house solutions.
- To assist the Team to provide reporting, integration and support for a variety of COTS systems in use across the organisation.
- To assist the Team with other data and system support tasks as required at peak times in the academic year (such as year rollover).
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required by the Systems Manager, IT Manager or Bursar.
Required experience of a Database Developer / Systems Data Analyst ideally in the follow areas:
- Designing and developing relational databases
- Full software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements capture
- Systems integration and data migration
- SQL Server Transact-SQL (T-SQL) programming (stored procedures, functions, triggers, views)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) development using Visual Studio 2008/2013
- Microsoft Access 2013 (or earlier) development and VBA programming
- Integration with other Office products, e.g. Excel, Outlook
- Development in an educational setting (optional)
- Data warehouse design and development (optional)
- Desirable experience - MIS systems (SIMS)
Database Developer / System Analyst - Person requirements:
- Ability to work, both as part of a team, and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to produce systems and documentation to a high standard
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and organisation skills
- Methodical approach with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and written skills
- HND or degree in Computing (or similar)
Hours of work - 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (1-hour Lunch)
Is this the next challenge for you? Apply now!
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We've worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won't rest until everyone is happy.
We are an equal opportunity provider.