Our current IT team deliver a pro-active and responsive, high quality IT technical support and advice service to the business and the role of Management Information Analyst will collaborate closely with the Business Improvement Team ensuring that data management and reporting requirements are supported and met where possible. You will make recommendations when external report services are required and act as liaison officer to ensure the business needs are met.
- You will support the ICT helpdesk dealing with contacts in a prompt and professional manner providing general ICT support to the IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Collaborate closely with the Business Improvement Team and internal customers to understand their needs and their existing Management Information coverage to ensure delivery of engaging and insightful reports and dashboards, fit for purpose.
- Support the business in the design of engaging and insightful visualisations and reporting concepts in conjunction with the needs of the customer. Translate large data sets into engaging visuals and dashboards for internal consumption.
- Develop new reports from scratch or make changes to existing reports to either improve current reports or to fix defects. Support customers to develop new methods of capturing data that is currently missing.
- Design & build user-friendly reports for a non-technical audience to show varying types of data. Work with 3rd parties to develop reports as needed according to business requirements within agreed timescales.
- Ensure a strong customer focus for reporting and opportunities for improvement. Ensure a strong empathy for customers and colleagues when recommending service improvements and how these may be delivered.
You will have experience of MS SQL Server, (2008+) complex querying and reporting using SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS and be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel. You will have experience of data analysis and reporting along with communicating and presenting complex data to a range of audience to inform decision making. It is essential you have knowledge and experience of utilising IT and databases and their structures to deliver customer focused business outcomes.
The post holder would have the ability to take a systematic and logical approach to problem solving and is able to identify and manage risk, gathering, verifying and considering all the facts. You will have intellectual curiosity with strong analytical skills aswell as being passionate about delivering and cultivating excellent customer service throughout the organisation.
It is essential that you are educated to A-Level Grade A-C or equivalent level 3 qualification. A degree or equivalent level 6 qualification in Business Analysis and a qualification in Certified Business Analysis Professional CBAP or IIBA certification is desirable, but not essential.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension scheme – 4% contribution with employer match at 4%
- Entitlement to more than the statutory days paid holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays – this role entitles 27 days per year plus bank holidays
- Family Friendly Policies
- And more!