A leading Central London company are looking for a talented Technical Architect on a permanent basis. The company develop software for the sports betting industry and the candidate will be responsible in definining all aspects of software architecture for the company. This includes designing overall application architecture, selecting software or solution to be included as parts of the defined product. Additionally the Technical Architect will identify the needs of the company’s applications from a technical point of view and conversely, identify the technical priorities from a business point of view.
The experience required for the Technical Architect role is:
- ability to think ahead and anticipate problems and solutions
- good relational skills, ability to help drive/guide teams towards their goals
- up-to-date knowledge of common architecture concepts: clustering, sharding, partitioning, stateless vs. stateful, transactions, etc.
- up-to-date knowledge of common Java application libraries and standards
- up-to-date knowledge of relational databases, both from a design and performance perspective