Fantastic newly created role within a thriving media organisation that will be perfect for a newly/recently qualified accounting who wants a role that is a blend of commercial/business partnering and technical accounting. The role will be incredibly varied and requires a self starter who can think on their feet, is inquisitive and a natural problem solver.
Reporting into the Financial Controller this role will manage the accounting for new entities that have recently joined the organisation and needs someone who can understand the bigger picture whilst managing multiple stakeholder expectations.
The position ideally requires someone who has had exposure to working with the media/entertainment industry.
- Work closely with the senior management team to prepare forecasts, budgets and long range business plans
- Prepare and analyse monthly management accounts and submit to the group
- Work with the Production accountant, challenging production budgets and reviewing cost reports for shows
- Agreeing production financing arrangements and Cash flow forecasting for each show
- Work closely with relevant management regarding reporting on Sales and WIP
- Assist in the setting of Rate Cards etc
- Calculate and prepare company recharges
- Prepare statutory accounts and year end file
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and annual corporation tax packs
- Supervise a junior member of staff.
- Newly/recently qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent attention to detail, organised and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Great interpersonal skills with a confident ability to forge and build solid working relationships across all levels
- Articulate, engaging and adaptable
- Self-starter who is inquisitive, logical and driven
- A background in media would be a distinct advantage or a keen interest in the creative/entertainment industry