Rockfish Management Accountant
We are an award winning, young business with 7 Seafood Restaurants along the South Devon coast with plans to expand to 16. Joining us now means you can share the future and our journey ahead. Rockfish has great energy about it - you will get to work with some amazing people and enjoy some great benefits. We are growing, not fast, but at a steady pace and although we want to change the way seafood is experienced, it will never be at the expense of quality.
We are looking for a person who loves seafood and coastal life and would like to be part of an energetic team running the best seafood restaurants with high ambitions. The role reports directly into the Group Finance Director and offers training and mentorship, this would enable the successful candidate to become a fully accomplished management accountant, with the potential to become a financial controller after that.
As a key member of the Finance team you will be assisting in the preparation and production of all financial reports for the business. Ideally you will be a part qualified accountant with hands on accounts experience. You will possess excellent analytical skills and be able to prepare management information for both internal and external stakeholders
Prepare weekly management information and KPI reporting
- Supporting timely production of the monthly management accounts, including preparing and posting journals
- Preparing KPI's and providing detailed variance analysis of actual costs against budget for the senior management team;
- Completing and reconciling all balance sheet control accounts and identifying and investigating any differences;
- Creating a finance manual for standard operating procedures;
- Providing absence cover for key tasks undertaken within the Finance team;
- Continuous improvement of internal controls and processes;
- Assisting on projects as required by the CEO, Ops and Finance Director.
- Prepare full month end management accounts (Group and individual site)
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Ad hoc requests from Directors
- Investigations, analysis and commentary on reported numbers
- On site audit checks when necessary
These are a few of things you can expect from us:
- Competitive Salary
- 50% off discount in all our restaurants
- 28 days paid holiday a year
- A place at "Rockfest" our annual company celebration
- Automatic enrolment to our Company pension scheme.
- Use our Rockfish paddleboards whenever you like
- Previous management accountant experience
- Good levels of computer literacy (Excel to include v look up and sum ifs)
- Part qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Degree level an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate and deliver a quality service and to be adaptable under the pressure of tight deadlines. Experience of Sage line 50 would be an advantage