RFP Writer - Investments
A leading fund manager is seeking a Proposal Writer to join their growing RFP team.
This role offers excellent opportunity for personal and professional development including sponsored IMC / CFA qualifications as well as opportunities to move into the front office on both investment teams as well as client facing distribution roles.
The Global Proposal Team is part of the wider Global Marketing team, which is a central function within global distribution, servicing the wholesale, institutional and hedge distribution teams for the following asset classes: equities, fixed income, hedge funds, absolute return funds and multi-asset. Individuals work closely with senior sales and investment team members.
The team is responsible for the creation of pitch/tender and due diligence materials for fixed income, equity and hedge fund products across both retail and institutional distribution teams globally. This role will be responsible for preparing standard and less complex RFPs/DDQs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for standard DDQs and quarterly reporting requests
- Support more experienced members of the team with more complex RFPs
- Assist in writing new content and providing to Knowledge Management team for uploading to Qvidian
- Contribute to the maintenance and organisation of the Global Proposal team directory
- Review and proof read work produced by other team members
- Respond to regular and ad hoc data requests from the sales and client teams either via the Sharepoint workflow system or from the team email inbox
- Ensure appropriate and clear language is used in accordance with the literature principles, for product documentation and disclosures
- Ensure as far as possible that disclosures, i.e. investment objectives and policies, and respective risk disclosures are reflected consistently within product documentation and across like products (where jurisdictional regulations permit)
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
The role requires
- Ideally RFP experience within an asset management company (exposure to proposals and DDQs in another role is also appropriate)
- Experience across different asset classes is preferred; equities, fixed income and absolute return/hedge funds
- Experience of completing both wholesale and institutional documents preferred but not essential
- Strong writing skills and competent use of grammar
- Computer literate (advanced Word and Excel)
- Organisational and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to work within a team environment, adapting to different teams as appropriate
- Coping with high pressure/deadline driven environments
- Highly self-motivated
- Fast thinking, excellent communication skills
- Professionalism & enterprise/innovation
- Team spirit & collaboration
- Strong attention to detail/quality of work
- Commercial awareness