Reed are working to support an organisation in Basingstoke who are looking to recruit a Qualified Financial Accountant.
You will be responsible for providing key support covering the full range of complex financial accounting responsibilities, ensuring the integrity of the ledger and providing control over management accounting, statutory accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Full responsibility for the accuracy of the general ledger, ensuring that effective procedures are in place and all errors are identified and corrected.
- Ensuring that accounting controls for the bank accounts, purchase ledger, sales ledger are maintained at all times and other ad-hoc balance sheet accounts are reconciled and reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for ensuring robust inter-company accounting procedures are in place and adhered to across the organisation and that all inter-company accounts are reconciled with other subsidiary companies.
- Support the preparation of the VAT return for the organisation and its subsidiaries, involving complex analytical review to maximise recovery of VAT and minimise risk.
- Assist with the production of the monthly management accounts for all of Sovereign’s activities to ensure timely and accurate submission to the Executive Board.
- Review group and subsidiary entity cash flows.
- Define, prepare and manage the monthly routines and tasks within the month end timetable, co-ordinating and liaising with finance staff to ensure successful and
- Prepare and produce annual statutory accounts for subsidiary companies, liaising with external auditors to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Assist with the production of year-end statutory accounts
- Identify and implement improvements to the year-end financial close process.
- Initiate and undertake projects and other tasks seeking to improve financial and business processes, enhancing efficiency, service delivery and financial controls.
- Qualified with ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Knowledge of Agresso Accounting system would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel.
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving with strong analytical skills.
- Proven track record of working effectively in a fast paced client driven environment.
- A strong, clear working knowledge of financial processes and controls.