Payroll Reconciliation Accountant
This 3 month contract role is to support the Finance Manager in providing strong review, analysis and clean-up of the payroll balance sheets following the implementation of a new Payroll system. There will be a significant focus on reconciliation of the balance sheets, liaising with various teams across the business as necessary (Payroll/Pensions/Banking/Management accounts). The post-holder will also assist in the documentation of end-to-end finance payroll processes and will analyse and collate details of all non-central GL postings related to Payroll.MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations with supporting evidence.
- Prepare accurate journals to post balances to the General Ledger.
- Support the Finance Manager in preparation of balance sheet summary
- Analysis of payroll data, identifying trends and anomalies to increase accuracy of reporting.
- Review of invoices in the system and reconciliation to payroll journals
- Working as part of a small, busy team to deliver accurate and understood balance sheets
- Analysis & Support
- Analyse any underlying issues arising from balance sheet investigations and discuss potential solutions.
- Identify and develop process improvements to the month end payroll routines to improve speed and accuracy of balance sheet data.
- Review & analyse GL journals made by the divisional FMs, in addition to journals posted centrally to create a full picture of monthly Payroll postings
- Ability to identify any control weaknesses and suggest and implement any improvements to the process.
- Assist in documentation of finance payroll process i.e. how data is transferred from Payroll system to Finance GL.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Part-qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Self-starter who is able to effectively resolve issues independently
- Experience of working in a Finance team, with strong double entry bookkeeping and balance sheet reconciliation experience, either in practice or industry
- Experience of preparing and posting accurate and timely General Ledger journals
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload, logical and thorough
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Ability to interpret financial information for a non-financial audience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven record of continual improvement of processes and reporting
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.