Customer Service Advisor
Gallagher Bassett was established in Chicago in 1962 as a Third Party Administrator (TPA) providing claims and risk control services to self-insured clients and now has 125 branches and over 3,600 skilled professionals in the USA, UK, Australia and Canada.
Gallagher Bassett UK was founded in 1991 and currently has seven offices across the UK with over 400 claims handling staff providing services to corporate, national and local government, insurer and broker clients.
We are constantly seeking skilled professionals to join our organisation, who are passionate about their work and take exceptional performance to heart. Gallagher Bassett presents opportunities that not only enable our company to remain an industry leader but also provide employees with limitless possibilities for success and personal growth.
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor to be based within our Ipswich Branch.
Main Purpose of Role:
To take the First Notification of Loss phone call for clients reporting motor claims and record the information accurately on our in-house system.
- Take first response calls for drivable and un-drivable vehicles and arrange urgent recovery if required
- Ensure the allocation of paper claims for first notification of loss have been registered
- Ensure all claims are logged accurately and in full
- Ensure all client data capture requirements are adhered too
- Good understanding of the motor insurance industry or financial background would be an advantage but not essential
- Previous phone based customer service experience ideally gained within the insurance industry
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines.
- A committed and flexible approach.
- Displays enthusiasm and commitment, willing to own problems and take responsibility for own actions.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the company’s in-house claims system and a working knowledge of all other systems to use as part of the role.
- Familiar with vehicle types, makes and models (advantage).
- Good attention to detail and understanding of the importance of accurate and thorough data capture.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to listen
- Good organisational capability
- Good letter writing, grammar and spelling
- Consistent accuracy
- 25 Days Holiday per year
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Plan
- Group Income Protection
- Eye Tests
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loans
Do you feel you meet the criteria for the position of Customer Service Advisor? If so, we encourage you to apply today.
We are a equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Should you be successful, you will be subject to a variety of checks including: a basic DBS disclosure and references.