Group Purchasing Manager
A Group Purchasing Manager is required to join an established business that has experienced impressive global growth within the last few years.
Reporting into the FD, the incoming candidate will be accountable for full supplier relationship management - stewarding a team of Buyers accountable for transactional purchasing on a daily basis.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Manage all supplier relationships - ensuring quality is maintained at best possible price and lead times
- Review of all pre-existing supplier relationships; acting as the senior level contact on all complex negotiations
- Develop and provide strategic direction on company spend
- Enact and instigate a weekly purchasing group meeting
- Work closely with other Senior Managers to identify and resolve potential material, inventory, or commercial issues
Candidates will be experienced purchasing professionals with tangible experience of operating strategically within a manufacturing, production, or engineering environment. You will likely be CIPS qualified, and be a competent leader of personnel.
Strong communication skills are required; the ability to make business critical decisions will also be needed.
Immediate consideration can be made for the right candidate.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.