Operations Director - Soft Services
Operations Director - Soft Services
£60,000 - £65,000 plus car & bonus
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Company's business objectives are achieved, ensuring:
- Agreed strategy is translated into meaningful tactical plans and oversee implementation of same for each venue
- Contractual responsibilities are well planned and executed to ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
- Liaise with other Operations Directors regarding good practice and support where required for cover or increased service demands in other regions
- Contractual responsibilities are well managed to ensure profitability is maximised.
- Contribute to and monitor the shaping and delivery of venue P&L budgets
- Management controls are developed and implemented, minimising risks and maximising returns. (IPOE framework)
- Trends are recognised and actions are taken pragmatically and decisively in the interests of the company.
- Key influencers and decision-makers (internally and externally) are identified and their confidence and support is gained.
- A culture of openness by welcoming feedback and challenge from others and using it to improve business and team performance.
- A willingness to undertake tasks and duties as reasonably required by the Company, including stand-alone projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Lead the team in their region, ensuring:
- A clear direction and purpose, demonstrating the company's ethos and ensuring the company's mission is fulfilled.
- A clear, motivating and understandable vision of where the company is going is communicated.
- The operational management team are focused on achieving their specific KPI's.
- The Operational management team is developed by means of in and out house training, qualifications, coaching and learning opportunities, including the sharing of best practice.
- Diversity is evident in the team and all team members work within company policies and procedures with regards to equal opportunities.
- There are opportunities for managers to work with colleagues across the company.
- Evidence of regular celebration and recognition of success
- Appointment, development and mentoring of contract managers and key operational staff, taking them to the next level.
Develop contracts, so that:
- Contract start-ups are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Additional revenue and profit are generated to meet agreed targets
- Client relationships are maintained and enhanced.
- Contracts are supported when senior management input is required.
- Performance is monitored (financial, labour, operational) through useful analytics and the resulting reports and actions reflect all significant elements and embrace lessons learned to feed continuous improvements.
- Resource requirements are evaluated, and appropriate provisions are made against competing demands.
- There is a focus on the long-term, not just the daily task.
- Contracts both within region and throughout the company are benefited from the post-holder's specific area of expertise where recognised
Health & Safety Duties
- Communicate regularly with staff through formal and informal channels on safety matters to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas and that safety standards remain high.
- Ensure that the safety image is reflected positively through your actions and those of your subordinates.
- To direct activities of all subordinates, ensuring that they are properly trained to competently carry out their duties and responsibilities as well as ensuring that they acknowledge and accept a personal responsibility for safety.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that plant and equipment is maintained and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that work activities are properly managed and supervised.
- Manage the safety performance of subordinates and take appropriate disciplinary action for any breaches in accordance with Company Procedure.
- Work closely with the Group Health and Safety team who are available to provide safety advice and support.
- To hit or exceed agreed profit targets and budgets, without detriment to overall service quality.
- To appoint and develop direct reports to improve performance and output.
- To review processes and improve service delivery, using IPOE framework.
- To ensure all H&S at contract level is compliant with legislation and good practice.
- To observe and sustain any client quality measures
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in market sector desirable.
- Relevant H&S qualification is desirable.
- Over ten years of relevant market sector experience (Soft services/FM/Events), incorporating Multi-site/multi venue experience managing a mixed portfolio of outlets.
A full driving licence and is required for this position.
St George's Recruitment - Retail & Leisure, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of retail roles. If you're looking for a fresh approach to retail recruitment, please contact us now.