Senior Demand & Inventory Planner
This is an exciting opportunity for a supply chain candidate who has experience importing & distributing products and hungry to develop their career.
My client is a market leading manufacturer & distributor within its sector. With a reputation for quality, reliability and value for money, they are well established as a leading supplier to the UK wholesale market and has a strong presence in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean. This is an exciting opportunity for a supply chain candidate who has experience importing & distributing products and hungry to develop their career.
This role will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the purchasing and supply chain function, taking a proactive role in providing key information and analysis with the key objective of maximising customer service levels and optimising inventory. Responsibilities include:
- Working with key customers to create a customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows you to correctly predict customer demand
- Maintain robust systems and procedures to ensure that product forecasts are reviewed
- Analyse and identify trends/spikes in demand and sales variances against forecast
Working closely with the product management and technical teams to develop, source and deliver a product roadmap that places the business at the forefront of the market.
- Supporting the Inventory Planning Manager in ensuring that inventory levels are optimised to maximise customer service levels and at the same time minimise the stock holding costs to the business
This successful candidate will report directly into the Inventory Planning Manager and be eager & keen to develop there career and have experience working in a fast paced environment.
Educated to A Level or equivalent
Minimum of 3 to 5 years inventory planning experience with a background of working with third party overseas suppliers on long lead times (90 days+)
Ability to work effectively in a high pressure and deadline driven environment
Strong analytically skills with attention to detail and a thorough and accurate approach to work
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisation skills
On offer is;
- £30,000 - £35,000
- Outstanding bonus and profit share scheme
- Luton office location
- Outstanding development and training
- Amazing company culture that really cares about its employees