Maintenance Engineer Team Leader
Platform Resourcing are currently working with a well established independent family run business who work within the manufacturer packaging solutions for several well known businesses across the UK. They are committed to developing and supplying high quality, cost effective products and services to their customers.
They have recently moved to a larger premises and have invested heavily in various machinery and processes. This investment has led to a decision to develop and employ a maintenance team. They are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to initially work on site on general maintenance whilst also establishing a maintenance department. The longer term view for the relevant candidate would be to leader a multi-discipline team of engineers. In return the client is willing to offer a competitive salary, external training (for specific machinery), pension contribution scheme and holidays, whilst also benefiting from working days only.
This client do not currently have an engineering department so this a great opportunity for someone to build their own department, so as well as being extremely hands on they would need to be able to have the skills and experience to manage other people. They are expanding and are having a lot of new machinery coming in, project management in this area would be advantageous
This job opening will provide career development and the opportunity to work in a thriving business. Along with reactive and planned maintenance to all machinery on site, the engineer will be responsible for the programming of our state of the art robotic handling system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reactive and planned maintenance to all machinery on site
- Responsible for the programming of our state of the art robotic handling system.
- To resolve immediate problems ensuring continuity of production.
- Focus on continuous improvement to increase reliability and efficiency.
- To document breakdown and repairs.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance on all machinery.
- To assist the compliance manager in establishing root cause analysis and remedial actions when breakdowns occur.
- To work safely at all times, ensuring compliance with all health and safety rules.
- To communicate clearly to all levels in the business regarding realistic timescales on breakdowns.
- Multi-skilled qualified electrical and mechanical engineer
- Experience in robotics and automation
- Must have previous engineering qualification, ideally in electronics at HNC level or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Team leader experience
- Setting up and project managing of new line set up
Interested? If the answer is yes, then why not apply today and one of our team will come back to you if you are deemed suitable.
If this post is not suitable for your skills set but you are looking for a similar role why not get in contact and we can discuss other possible opportunities.
Job Type: Permanent
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call us on 01633 546320 before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.