Our established and highly reputable client is seeking to recruit a Payroll Administrator to join their team in Lewes due to company growth.
Salary: £10.00 - £14.00 per hour.
Our client are innovative and dynamic rapidly growing payroll company who are taking the industry by storm and bringing payroll into the 21st century. They are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer in the payroll industry.
They currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to become part of their growing team, you will be responsible for ensuring workers are paid correctly and on time.
- Processing client payrolls accurately and efficiently
- Check accuracy of calculations before sending to client and HMRC
- Build a trusting relationship with clients
- Be able to calculate gross to net calculations manually
- Must be able to prioritise workload efficiently daily
- Assist clients with any queries they have regarding their payroll via phone or email
- Download tax notifications from HMRC website and process RTI submissions to HMRC
- Import and export excel files into and out of payroll
- Creating payroll journals and ad-hoc reports
- Create a variety of pension auto-enrolment files for onward submission to pension providers timely and accurately
- Any other ad-hoc admin work include filing
The Ideal Candidate:
To be considered for the role of Payroll Administrator, you must have demonstrable experience working in a payroll bureau. In addition, the following key skills and experience are essential:
- Must have at least 5 years payroll experience
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in a payroll bureau
- Have good knowledge of excel for creating spreadsheets and importing data in and out of payroll software
- Must have a good understanding of statutory payments and deductions including maternity pay/statutory sick pay/paternity pay/student loans/attachments of earnings etc.
- Have good communication skills and polite telephone manner when speaking to clients on the phone
- Have excellent grammar for writing emails and letters to clients
- Must be methodical, diligent, work well under pressure and be a good team player
- Be flexible in working days and hours due to peaks and troughs of a monthly payroll cycle
- Have a good understanding of auto-enrolment pension law.
This is an excellent opportunity within a superb employer.
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.