Who are Euro Garages?
If you haven’t already heard of us or visited one of our amazing stores, then here’s what you need to know about us… We are one of the UK’s fastest growing and most recognised forecourt operators and we are partnered with all of your well known favourite brands including Starbucks, KFC, Greggs, Subway and Burger King!
Our employees are at the heart of what we do and we owe our success to our fantastic teams, that’s why we need passionate, motivated and customer focused people like you to join our EG family! Put it this way, we started out with one petrol station in 2001 and have since acquired over 360 UK sites and now have a huge presence across Europe, US, Italy and Germany… so the progression opportunities are endless!
Due to the growth of EG Group our Finance team is expanding! We are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller in to our finance division, in this role you will be required to provide accounting support within the Finance team for effective accounting and reporting. The role will also act as a Finance point for Senior Management Teams and the Board. The Individual will be expected to lead all aspects of the Management Accounts and Financial Reporting process, and maintain strong oversight of the transactional accounting process.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of monthly management accounts from trial balance to financial statements
- Responsible for the internal and external reporting process
- Ensuring adherence to IFRS accounting standards and statutory reporting requirements
- Management and development of a team of finance manager and management of up to 10 part qualified and qualified accountants
- Lead the Balance Sheet reconciliation process with the support of the team. This includes management of all aspects of the Balance Sheet
- Comparing actual performance to budget and prior year and articulate understanding of underlying business performance
- Business partnering with key stakeholders
- Work with finance manager to lead on month end process and ensure strict deadlines are achieved to support group reporting requirements
- Support group related requirements
- Develop and ensure team focus of ensuring accuracy of site by site P&Ls
- Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to drive decision making for local teams
- Lead year end statutory audit process, liaising with external auditors and providing all necessary documentation and evidence
- Overseeing the preparation statutory accounts and monthly Group pack submissions
- Lead on finance system transformation process
- Lead on ongoing development of finance processes and controls
- Lead on acquisition integration
- Work closely with and develop a strong relationship with the Transactional manager to ensure strong transactional level control
- Other adhoc projects.
- Fully Qualified Accountant - CA / ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Degree, Minimum 2:1
- Possess an extremely strong work ethic
- Strong Technical Accounting Skills with good working knowledge of IFRS and FRS101
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience of managing similar sized teams or equivalent
- Experience of finance systems, preferably SAP
- Previous experience of financial controller or related role
Role: Financial Controller
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2EE
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)