SEN Teaching Assistant
An 'OUTSTANDING' Special Educational Needs school based in the borough of Hackney are looking to recruit an SEN Teaching Assistant to join their dedicated team.
- The role is full-time (5 days per week) for the successful candidates
- You will be supporting children with Special Educational Needs (Severe and Profound Learning Disabilities) in small classes of between 5 - 8 students.
- The role will be to start as soon as possible and continue for the rest of the Academic year. You will then be given the opportunity to apply for a permanent contact with the School.
- The School caters for children with Severe and Profound Learning Difficulties from 3 - 19 years old.
- The head teacher is highly effective and is relentless in her drive for continued improvement.
- The Senior Leadership team are welcoming and approachable
- The School has a state of the art hydrotherapy pools, sensory rooms, rebound therapy rooms, music & drama facilities, a library and reflection rooms. All the additional resources in place to support the students learning and development.
- Will have UK classroom experience
- Ideally have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs (Autism, Emotional Behaviour Difficulties, PLearning Difficulties)
- The School likes to employ candidates who are nurturing, enthusiastic and passionate about teaching and learning.
- PECS, MAKATON, TEAACH or TEAM TEACH would be an advantage.
- Excel at building great relationships with pupils and staff
- Have a current DBS on the update service
Apply online today or alternatively you can contact BIANCA MEAD on or email
Sugarman Education is committed to Safer Recruitment and currently holds the REC Education Accredited Status. Any job application is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references in addition to any other safeguarding checks required.
It is Sugarman Education's policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, transgender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age, or disability.
Here at Sugarman Education we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer