Software Development Team Leader
Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a Software Development Team Lead for our client based in Cambridge.
Our client is the leading provider of cloud based despatch software for the ground transportation and taxi & private hire sector. Their innovative solutions help hundreds of companies and tens of thousands of cars thrive in a fast moving industry which is facing many changes. With autonomous vehicles on our streets, innovative uses of machine learning, cloud computing and consumers becoming ever more tech savvy, the opportunity to work in some of the most exciting areas of technology being developed today.
Since its inception in 2002, these people have been pioneers in cutting edge technology which has revolutionised the industry and now, due to recent investment, they are looking to set the bar even higher, develop new and original ideas and lead the way into the future of this exciting sector. Our client is currently looking for ambitious and progressive individuals to help them achieve this goal.
They develop solutions targeting a wide range of modern platforms – Web, Android, iOS and Windows – giving you excellent exposure to a variety of different technologies including C++, Typescript, Angular, Java, Objective C and SQL. Based in the North of Cambridge, within easy access of the A14, our client is on the edge of the inspiring city where many advanced tech companies are based including various other ground-breaking mobility technology businesses.
As a Software Development Team Lead you will:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for designing, developing and testing highly complex software solutions.
- Develop solutions targeting different platforms – Web, iOS, Android and Windows utilising a breadth of technologies including C++, Typescript, Angular, Java, Objective C and SQL.
- Take ownership of the software development life cycle for the products your team is responsible for.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Design and develop new features.
- Work with QA, tech support and marketing to ensure your teams’ deliverables are successfully launched.
- Work in all areas of the technology stack, utilising your existing skills whilst developing any new skills you need to ensure you are at the forefront of your profession.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent relevant technical subject
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary development team
- Full software development life cycle experience
- Previous experience developing database centric enterprise applications utilising skills in one of the following areas: C++ on Windows, Angular and Typescript on Web, Java on Android, Objective C on iOS
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm, passion and drive to create new and exciting software solutions
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £Depending on Experience
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an employment agency in regards to this permanent vacancy.
Our Recruitment Consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise in Temporary Staffing Solutions and Permanent Introductions across our seven Specialist Recruitment Divisions; Office Support, Legal & HR – Industrial & Manufacturing – Finance & Accountancy – Hospitality – IT & Engineering – Sales & Marketing – Scientific & Medical. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.