Exciting opportunity for graduate level or junior inventory planners to take the next steps in their career with an exciting manufacturing business.
My client is a market leading manufacturer & distributor within its sector. With a reputation for quality, reliability and value for money, they are well established as a leading supplier to the UK wholesale market and has a strong presence in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean. This is an exciting opportunity for a supply chain candidate who has experience importing & distributing products and hungry to develop their career.
The Inventory Planner reports to the Inventory Planning Manager and is responsible for:
- Supporting the Inventory Planning Manager in ensuring that inventory levels are optimised to maximise customer service levels and at the same time minimise the stock holding costs to the business.
- Interpretation and validation of purchasing plan, generating and seeking approval of purchase orders, placement and progression of purchase
- Liaising with suppliers and coordinating shipments
- Booking and costing stock onto the ERP system
- Processing special orders (project, export, engraving, made to order).
- Working closely with internal stakeholders (sales and marketing) to proactively manage and resolve all supply related issues.
- Managing and processing supplier returns and junking of stock following approval.
- Supporting the end of year stock take and processing paperwork as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be eager and keen to develop their career in a fast passed work environment.
Educated to A Level or equivalent
Minimum of 1 to 2 years inventory planning experience
Ability to work effectively in a high pressure and deadline driven environment
Strong analytical skills with a thorough and accurate approach to their work
Computer literate with strong excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables)
Resourceful and lateral thinking
Excellent communication and organisation skills
Drive, ambition and enthusiasm to deliver results and progress within the organisation
ERP System experience to include Inventory Control
Experience of working with third party long lead time suppliers
£24,000 - £28,000 DOE
Profit share scheme
Luton office location
Outstanding development and training
Inclusive company culture