Packaging (Buying) Manager
Princes are seeking a Packaging (Buying) Manager to join the team at our Liverpool office to cover maternity leave for circa 9-12 months FTC. As Packaging (Buying) Manager you will be responsible for sourcing packaging materials to meet the company's production plan at the optimum cost.
As part of the role you will be expected to manage the supplier base to ensure continuity of service and quality. The successful individual will purchase these materials Ethically and sustainably in line with budget costs ensuring that all market moves are properly communicated.
Key relationship of the role will be to liaise with the Technical team to ensure that all supplies and materials are sourced in line with the appropriate legislation and due diligence procedures.
- Negotiation of material prices, supplier stockholding arrangements and credit terms, optimising total cost to the business after consideration of working capital costs, factory utilisation lead times, etc.
- Determination of budget costs and monitoring/reporting on price variances. Subsequent communication of cost movements to the business to ensure control of margin.
- Monitoring data on market movements and determination of consequences on the appropriate SBA, communication of corrective action requirements.
- Responsible for supplier performance in terms of co-ordinating performance measures and applying corrective action where appropriate.
- Liaison with Technical and Production on approval of materials and rationalisation of supplier base.
- Ensuring conformance of department to ISO 9002 standards.
- Pursuing claims against suppliers for non-conformance.
- Responsibility for the supply of data to the finance department and have the correct information to derive product costs. Maintenance and review of standard raw materials costs.
- Participation in project teams to ensure that the potential of cost saving benefits are maximised by the company.
- To ensure Group Ethical and Sustainability guidelines are met at all times.
- This is a key role in the company, requiring a knowledge of experience in a wide range of activities that interface with the purchasing operation function namely production logistical and commercial functions
- Normal requirement is a degree - or working towards a degree, preferably in Business Studies with a bias to the purchasing function, member, Associate or student of the CIPS, or at minimum should hold or be working to the CIPS foundation level of purchasing and supply qualification.
- Previous experience in a Buying role.
- Knowledge of food industry.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- SAP experience (desirable)