All Angels Out of School Club is a busy childcare provider based within St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Leyland providing childcare for St Mary's Catholic Primary School and Northbrook Primary School.
- The role of the Playworker is to create a safe, fun and welcoming environment for all children and their parents/carers and to deliver the highest standards of care to all the children attending.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a safe culture for all children in line with Safeguarding, Equalities and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Caring nature.
- Dedicated and enthusiastic attitude towards the role of Playworker.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Desire to assist the Club owners in achieving Ofsted outstanding status.
- Ability to promote the benefits and enjoyment of exercise, healthy living and team play.
Childcare and Education Development-
- Run activities for children aged 4-11 taking into account children's individual needs and abilities, to provide a safe, caring and stimulating play environment.
- Supervise and support children at all times. Promoting positive values, attitudes and good child behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with the established policies and encouraging children to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Promote an inclusive social, physical, creative, emotional and intellectual play for all children using a range of resources and personal skills so that all children feel valued and involved.
Staff Management and Development-
- Work as part of a highly effective team actively seeking to build and maintain relationships with all other team members.
- Take an active role in team meetings and training events encouraging ideas and learning from others at all levels.
- Ensure the Club offers the highest standards of physical and emotional care by following the existing Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies.
- Clear up from daily activities including simple cleaning duties identified through own observations and as requested by the Manager and ensuring all hygiene procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Carry out all responsibilities within agreed policies and work within an equal opportunities and safeguarding framework, informing the Manager of any concerns.
Managing Customer Service-
- Help develop the quality of the Club by offering new ideas for service improvements involving the children, colleagues and parents/carers.
- Build strong parent/carer relationships ensuring any issues are promptly passed onto the manager.
- Promote the Club to current and potential parents/carers.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with parents/carers.
- Read, understand and follow all company policies and procedures and assist in the development of these by making suggestions to the Manager.
- Support a positive relationship with OFSTED.
Pay, Hours of work and Benefits
- Dependent on experience and qualifications up to £9 per hour.
- Term time only. 38 weeks a year paid by salary over 12 months.
- Monday to Friday 7.30am to 8.50am and 3.00pm to 6.00pm. Sessions are negotiable.
- Holiday pay.
- Pension scheme.
- Uniform provided.