Exciting opportunity has arisen within this large organisation who are looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator on a 12 month contract assignment.
• Administering the payroll for selected establishments
• Learning and applying PAYE regulations and Primark rules on calculating and entering company sick pay, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay, etc.
• Processing information received from stores and from HM Revenue and Customs, etc.
• Calculating and administering holiday pay entitlement
• Administering pension deductions.
• Assisting with detailed payroll checking procedures to ensure accurate payrolls.
• Dealing with correspondence enquiries from HM Revenue and Customs, Benefits Agency offices, councils, etc
• Maintaining records as specified by HM Revenue and Customs, Benefits Agency and auditors
• Calculating manual payments and repayments where required
• Writing and producing reports
• Carrying out tasks using MS Excel and Word
• Ad-hoc administration tasks such as filing and post-sorting
• Assisting in the production of payslips and P45s on a four-weekly basis
• Other duties as required.
• In due course taking on additional responsibility for other tasks performed by the team (for example, international payroll support).
• Primark is looking for full time payroll administrators to join a large, friendly team responsible for producing its UK payrolls
• 1-2 years payroll experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good time management, administration and organisational skills
• Payroll qualification is desirable
• High volume experience desirable
• Successful candidates will possess 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), be accurate and flexible with a good eye for detail and be comfortable working in a busy environment
• On-site cafe, canteen
• Season Ticket Loan after probation
• Good Pension scheme 4/7/10% out in the company will match it
• 28 days holiday which include bank holidays, this increases after 3 years
• There is a flexi program core times 10am - 4pm, business times are required
• You can build up a day off (like overtime but only if required)
Reading town centre based. Full time (37.5 hours per week).