IT Support Engineer - Europe & Africa
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our client’s Team based in Dudley, West Midlands.
This is a Europe and Africa Group role and the area consists of 11 entities spread throughout Europe and Africa. Some travel may be required in the position of IT Support Engineer.
Our client is a global company with a presence in many countries around the World, manufacturing and supplying products and software solutions for the construction industry. The business has performed exceptionally well over the last decade and sets itself high standards. Ethics and integrity are fundamental values, and the culture and focus is geared around delivering quality, service and maximum added value to the customer.
As IT Support Engineer you will report to the IT Manager, Europe & Africa and this position will encompass a number of key areas:
• Server and user administration, active directory and Microsoft Office 365.
• Server operations including performance management backup and restore, Disaster Recovery, VMware and Hyper-V virtual server management, and Meraki Firewall, WiFi & Network switch configuration.
• Manage communications solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, intranet, and internet applications.
• Implement and maintain file and user security, permissions and antivirus tools in line with policy.
• End user support, which involves helping to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues on all systems.
• Monitor and maintain Encryption systems including Bitlocker and other propriety products.
• Support and administration of SharePoint.
• Perform hardware and software audits together with maintaining asset registers.
• Support company phone and mobile phone systems.
• Liaise with third party suppliers to provide additional external support and services.
• Document policies and procedures for system administration.
• System specifications and end user documentation.
Key Skills of the IT Support Engineer:
• IT Industry Certifications are advantageous (e.g. CSA, MCSE, Network+, ITIL, Security+, CEH)
• 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server and desktop systems (Windows 10), Active Directory, MS Office 365, Sharepoint, and Encryption.
• Experience of Wordpress would be advantageous.
• Experience and knowledge of IT policies and standards.
• Extremely good communicator at all levels.
If you fit the criteria above, we would love to hear from you!
For the role of IT Support Engineer there is a salary on offer of circa £30,000 to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
CSA, MCSE, Network+, ITIL, Security+, CEH, IT, Support Engineer, Technology, Disaster Recovery, VMware, Hyper-V virtual server management, and Meraki Firewall, WiFi, networks