Software Engineer - Windows C++
Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a Software Engineer – Windows C++ for our client based in Cambridge.
Our client is the leading provider of cloud based despatch software for the ground transportation and taxi & private hire sector. Their innovative solutions help hundreds of companies and tens of thousands of cars thrive in a fast moving industry which is facing many changes. With autonomous vehicles on our streets, innovative uses of machine learning, cloud computing and consumers becoming ever more tech savvy, the opportunity to work in some of the most exciting areas of technology being developed today.
Since its inception in 2002, these people have been pioneers in cutting edge technology which has revolutionised the industry and now, due to recent investment, they are looking to set the bar even higher, develop new and original ideas and lead the way into the future of this exciting sector. Our client is currently looking for ambitious and progressive individuals to help them achieve this goal.
They develop solutions targeting a wide range of modern platforms – Web, Android, iOS and Windows – giving you excellent exposure to a variety of different technologies including C++, Typescript, Angular, Java, Objective C and SQL. Based in the North of Cambridge, within easy access of the A14, our client is on the edge of the inspiring city where many advanced tech companies are based including various other ground-breaking mobility technology businesses.
As a Software Engineer – Windows C++ you will:
- Design and develop high quality, high performance code.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering full stack solutions.
- Develop highly testable code and write unit tests to ensure solutions are production ready.
- Keep abreast of technological trends and latest developments to develop your skill set to ensure you are at the forefront of your profession.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent technical subject.
- Previous experience working in a similar software engineering role.
- Experience developing either Windows desktop apps or Windows services using C++ and MFC.
- Experience developing solutions using MS SQL Server.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm, passion and drive to create new and exciting software solutions.
Any of the following skills would also be advantageous:
- UI / UX design experience.
- Database design experience.
- Experience developing RESTful web services using ISAPI’s.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, pension life insurance, BUPA membership, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Pizza Fridays.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Mon to Fri – 36 hours
Salary: £Depending on Experience
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an employment agency in regards to this permanent vacancy.
Our Recruitment Consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise in Temporary Staffing Solutions and Permanent Introductions across our seven Specialist Recruitment Divisions; Office Support, Legal & HR – Industrial & Manufacturing – Finance & Accountancy – Hospitality – IT & Engineering – Sales & Marketing – Scientific & Medical. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.