Assistant Accountant - £30,000 - £35,000 - Flexible working options available, Barhill -
We're working with an innovative organisation in Cambridge, currently going through an extended period of growth who are on the lookout for a new member for their team. Having just turned over their biggest ever year, they need some specialist support in the finance team to help them take their business accounting to the next level.
We are looking for a proactive, well organised Assistant Accountant to be an important member of our team for our young and fast-growing company. Candidates must be organised problem solvers, able to hit the ground running and work autonomously where required.
You will be reporting to the Financial Controller and based at the company's Bar Hill office. Whilst this is a full time position in terms of hours after a bedding in period, there will be some flexibility for home working, and this could potentially accommodate school hours. Funding for training will also be considered for the right candidate.
- Accounts payable
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconciling trade creditors
- Maintaining fixed asset register, including depreciation
- Reconciling trade debtors and review for bad debts
- Posting and reconciling monthly income from Paypal
- Posting and reconciling monthly income from Amazon
- Posting and reconciling monthly income from other sources
- Reconciling payroll and PAYE/NI
- Assist with management accounts preparation up to TB level
- Other reporting as necessary
Due to the nature of this position there are essential requirements for the role, and candidates without the following experience will not be considered:
- 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Qualified to AAT or above
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced buyer to take a position at an innovative organisation going from strength to strength. Due to the location of the company, this position is commutable from Peterborough, Cambridge, Sawston, Huntingdon, St Ives, Kings Lynn, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Soham, Corby and St neots.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.