Role: UX/UI Designer
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 per annum depending on experience
Our client are an industry leading specialist software business who use the latest technologies and cutting edge software.
You will help bring to life the idea of design to the company and promote research driven design, collaborating together to produce user-friendly and intuitive products.
Duties within the role include:
- Help with the discovery of user needs and shape them in to problems
- Help define a user’s journey through the product
- Apply usability research methods as part of the iterative design process
- Help promote the benefits of UX/UI design to the wider business
- Act as a design advocate, working with multidisciplinary teams, often in parallel, across the organisation, to help improve and refine the user experience on a continual basis
- Scope, plan, and execute design projects in accordance with an iterative development process
- Support and assist other members of the design team
- Create and present prototypes
The successful candidate:
- A representative Portfolio, either online or as a document
- Demonstrable UX/UI experience (ideally, 4 years +)
- Experience of producing and working in design sprints is desirable
- Proficiency with common design and prototyping tools - SketchApp and MarvelApp
- Proficiency with User Centred Interaction Design principles and practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of agile practices and how they work with design
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.