Area Business Development Manager Northamptonshire/W London
This Area Business Development Manager role is for one of the largest and most respected brands in High Street gaming, synonymous with excitement and best value entertainment. The Company operates c170 venues across the UK and they are part of a highly successful Group that trades in over 40 countries.
They are currently seeking a talented, highly motivated, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial individual to support the development commercial performance of gaming venues in a specific area, as well as to control and coordinate the day-to-day operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring maximum business performance is achieved and budgeted targets are met, as well as supporting the Operations Director with company strategy and optimisation of commercial opportunities.
You will be working 48 hours per week and there will be approximately 40-50 venues in your area. Your background will ideally be in gaming, leisure or retail as a multi-site operator, and you will need to demonstrate commercial awareness, outstanding organisational, decision making and communication abilities.
- Maximising business opportunities within each venue, identifying opportunities for enhancement to business objectives and optimising commercial opportunities
- Providing ‘field intelligence’ on competitor activity in and around each venue
- Undertaking routine visits to each venue within your area every 14 days as a minimum
- Monitoring housekeeping standards within each venue
- Monitoring operating costs at each venue, ensuring that necessary controls are in place and that budgeted overheads are not exceeded
- Monitoring collection frequencies and errors, and taking appropriate action as required
- Recommending equipment upgrades
- Undertaking and assisting in security investigations as directed by the Operations Manager
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Operations Director.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of managing a multi-site operation within the gaming, leisure or retail sector
- Strong entrepreneurial and commercial-thinking skills ready to drive results
- Strong problem-solving skills and highly solution-orientated
- Comfortable with travelling across the country as regular visits to venues is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking and enthusiastic individual to join an expanding business, where they can really develop their career potential. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer for the right candidate with the desire to achieve. Benefits include a company car, potential to earn bonus, 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), company pension and access to the company’s Employee Benefits platform where you can get discounts on a range of retailers.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity and challenge for you then please apply today, and if you meet the selection criteria someone will contact you directly to discuss your application.
Keywords: Business Development Manager, Area Manager, Retail Area Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.