Head of Science
Exciting permanent Head of Science required for St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy, Lincoln
St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Based at: St. Peter & St. Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy, Lincoln
Position: Head of Science
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2a
Start date: September 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed Multi Academy Trust. St Thérèse of Lisieux CMAT is one of four newly created Catholic Multi Academy Trusts (CMAT's) in the Diocese of Nottingham, which provides consistent, proactive and high-quality support to all staff within our care.
St. Peter and St. Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy is a mixed Catholic Academy serving Lincoln and the wider community. We are seeking a proactive Leader of Science who will support the science team and therefore the delivery of high quality teaching and learning. Experience of teaching Physics up to and including Key Stage 5 is preferable but not exclusive.
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then this is an excellent opportunity for you. We are equally interested in hearing from colleagues who have leadership experience who are seeking a new challenge as well as those wanting to take their first step into a leadership role.
Regardless of what point you are at in your career and whatever your aspirations may be, our school and Trust can support you to achieve them.
The successful candidate will:
* Support the Catholic ethos of the school (you do not need to be a practising Catholic)
* Be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of delivering outcomes
* Have a passion for the teaching and learning of Science
* Be committed to raising of standards across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
* Have the drive and capacity to become an outstanding leader
* Be an inspiration and role model to colleagues and students
What we offer:
* Competitive salary
* Pension scheme and generous holiday entitlement
* Excellent professional development opportunities
If you are interested in applying for the post, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin to request an application pack.
The deadline for application forms is Monday 20 May
Interviews will take place 23 May
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.