Head of IT
About the job:
As the Head of IT you will have ultimate responsibility on all aspects of IT Strategy and technology roadmap for the Vertas Group. You will ensure that technology delivery is aligned to the strategic goals and operating models of the organisation.
The role is pivotal for the Vertas Group. The Head of IT is required to deliver a robust IT platform that will support a complex environment working to technically integrate, transform and streamline services.
The Head of IT role is responsible for articulating the IT strategy and IT capabilities to key stakeholders with differing levels of technology understanding across the organisation. The Head of IT will need to establish credibility quickly and contribute towards the corporate agenda.
The role requires understanding the business alongside having a strong strategic and technical understanding of designing IT solutions and operating / managing IT departments. This role provides the link between IT and the business at both a strategic and technical level.
As the Head of IT you will:
- Lead and drive development of the enterprise technical architecture for the Vertas Group, as part of the IT strategy
- Champion and actively progress day to day activities for the Vertas Group
- Support Digital Transformation within the Vertas Group
- Manage the IT systems within the allocated budget
- Assess and implement Software as Service and Infrastructure as a Service where this makes financial and strategic sense
- Be a key contributor to contract reviews with 3rd party IT suppliers
- Own and manage the Technical Design process for the Vertas Group to ensure that all designs are of high integrity and fit for purpose
- Maintain positive relationships with strategic IT suppliers and the wider IT industry for a high degree of knowledge about industry trends and technology future.
- Experience of transforming and managing significant IT services in a large organisation
- Experience of delivering IT strategy
- Experience of procuring and managing large IT technology contracts
- Experience of working with a senior management team to develop a business focussed IT and information security strategies that will effectively support their business needs
- Evidence of delivering high quality, customer focussed services
- Experience of contributing to the development and implementation of effective management information systems
- Experience of working in partnership with others, internal and external to the organisation, to deliver an effective IT function
- A detailed and thorough understanding of IT strategy, technical and enterprise architecture and its application at all levels
- Exceptional inter-personal skills enablign engagement with all levels across the organisation with colleagues and third parties
- Ability to develop IT and information security strategies
- Ability to interpret and handle complex information and relate this into strategic alignment of technology to business needs
- A sound understanding of portfolio, programme and project management and a track record of delivering and enabling complex change programmes through the use of technology
- An understanding of key IT management standards.
Benefits of working for Vertas:
- £5,000 company car allowance
- Colleague loyalty discount scheme with LifeWorks Perks
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- NEST Pension Scheme