Are you an experienced Demand Planner/Controller?
Do you want to work in a challenging and rewarding environment?
If so, Reed Business Support is once again proud to be representing a UK leading manufacturing company in Preston.
Our client is looking for a Demand Planner/Controller to join their fast paced and vibrant business who will be able to support the company to generate and review forecasts for products to support the Production Planner and Raw Materials Planner, enabling them to achieve delivery at the right time and quantity to satisfy customer demand.
To fully deliver projects within the correct timescales and at the correct cost.
To monitor and maintain supplier costing models and variables to ensure accurate purchasing, invoicing and standard costs.
Working in a customer focused, worldwide manufacturing environment you will be involved in the ordering and management of stock and pipeline of workwear garments.
The Demand Planner is ultimately responsible for the following areas:
• To manage demand feeds and create a forecast structure for the planners to adopt, in order to achieve agreed customer SLA’s ensuring all allocated events are managed effectively.
• Total management of projects, collating and providing updates to Customer services on a regular basis.
• To monitor stock fulfillment rates and drive improvements through continuous refinement of the forecasting systems.
• Reporting, categorising and monitoring of business stock holdings identifying SLOB’s and other risks within the stocking policy.
• To monitor and maintain supplier costing models and variables.
• Manage the standard costs, ensuring correct mix from supply locations.
Key Performance Measures:
• Stock fulfillment levels
• Unplanned air freight costs
• On time project delivery
• Stock holding levels including SLOB’s
• Average lead time to fulfill orders.
• Accuracy of costs on POs, invoices and standard costs.
• Vendor Appraisal improvements.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel but with a good understanding of Word and Outlook.
• A mathematical and analytical approach
• Attention to detail
• Good problem solving skills – being able to review, investigate and find solutions using own initiative
• Good team working skills in a busy office environment
• A flexible approach to working
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• With 2-3 years’ experience in a stock controlling, planning or merchandising role
Working hours are Monday-Thursday 8:15am–4:45pm, and 8:15am-4:00pm on Friday.
The salary for this role is £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
• 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
• Company pension
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
Our client is looking for someone who wants a career with a market leader… if that’s you apply now by replying to this advert with your up to date CV. If you are wanting more information please get in contact with Victoria O’Connor on either Victoria.o’ or
If this role does not apply to you but you know the perfect candidate for the job please pass on my details and if your recommendation is successful £50’s worth of vouchers will be on their way to YOU!