Orka Financial is working with a well known retail business based in Maidenhead to recruit a Financial Analyst, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious part qualified finance professional looking for a varied analytical position. The successful person will gain exposure to some core FP&A activities whilst partnering with non-finance teams in a number of key areas.
• Business partner to the Ops Teams to ensure the effective and efficient management of their performance.
• Perform regular review, analytical assessment and challenge of regional and area results vs. forecast/plan, with a view to ensuring cost efficiencies, commercial viability, operational capability and financial/audit controls.
• Provide in depth statistical analysis, trends and insight about the drivers of business performance, ensuring that the appropriate level of reporting and analysis is available to UK Management and Operations.
• Support the Senior Finance Manager, Ops Teams and HQ managers in the planning process including annual operating plans, regular re-estimates and long-term forecasts. This will help to ensure there is a working financial knowledge and understanding amongst these business partners.
• Provide ongoing support and commercially sound financial analysis for new initiatives.
• Proactively support the UK month end accounting process.
• Work with other members of the FP&A team to continually improve reports provided to the business.
• Involvement in the development of key data and internal reporting tool projects, system upgrades and enhancements.
• Advanced Excel
• Be a highly analytical financial analyst with history of developing decision making tools and delivering decision making information to senior management
• Have the ability to interpret and present data / information in a visually impactful way
• Be solution focused with a "cando" approach - including the ability to work within a collaborative, challenging and consultative environment
• Have strong communications skills, including the ability to interface effectively with senior staff and be able to explain statistical and financial information to non finance managers
• Have the ability to think differently, to question issues and be unafraid to ask challenging questions and demonstrate a thoughtful approach to problem solving.
• Be an energetic team player and be able to use their own initiative, prioritise and manage workload under pressure.
• Experience with Oracle, Hyperion Enterprise and BI tools would also be beneficial.
• This role would suit a part qualified accountant.
£33,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Study support + benefits