Childcare Nursery Practitioner Level 3
Childcare Nursery Practitioner, Level 3 required with immediate start
We are looking to employ (ASAP) a full time, permanent Nursery Practitioner with a Level 3 qualification to work in our well established Day Care Nursery.
(This post is throughout the year and not term time only).
- Assist in the maintaining and development of a safe, educational 'Learning through Play’ environment to enable each child to extend his/her potential, through Early Years Foundation Stage Standards for Care & Education.
- Assist in the planning and recording of activities/resources offered to each child, ensuring the learning curriculum for the foundation stage is taken into account, maintaining up to date records for a designated key worker group.
- Implement policies and practices concerning childcare, ensuring the individual needs of each child are met.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child at all times, being aware of Health and Safety issues.
- Liaise and communicate with parents, reporting on each child’s well-being and development, through observation.
- Be very aware of each child’s needs and requirements within the designated area.
- Assist with the training of placement students in childcare and education in their area.
- Willing to attend all staff meetings and accept training opportunities offered together with participation in meetings. Attend supervision sessions and support the culture of continuous improvement and personal development within the nursery.
- Prepared to take on any relevant duties determined by the employer from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Must hold a level 3 qualification in childcare and be prepared to take on further training.
- Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Hygiene (Training can be provided if required).
- Have a sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- At least 2 years’ Childcare experience essential.
- Work effectively within a team of experience and junior staff and able to use own initiative.
- Knowledge of the OFSTED Standards.
- Have a clear understanding of the Statutory Welfare Requirements.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and commitment combined with a real passion to provide outstanding childcare.
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS) and full pre-employment checks, together with two references. We can offer a competitive salary, uniform, free parking and the opportunity to develop your skills in a well-established, reputable nursery with a great team of experienced practitioners.
If you feel you have the skills for this exciting position and would like to join our staff team, please do not hesitate to contact us today.