Shift Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical or Multi-skilled)
Shift Engineer required from a mechanical, electrical or multi-skilled background. The role is based in Chorley on a 4 on, 4 off, days and nights shift pattern.
Our client is a market leading industrial services provider, with a site based in Chorley.
· To ensure all PPM activities are completed on time as required, feeding back information to the Senior Engineer to improve the PPM system and activities.
· To work closely with the Engineer on the opposite shift to ensure all handover of ongoing activities is carried out every day, and sharing all other information and practices as required.
· To provide knowledge and input into continuous improvement of plant, machinery, and maintenance activities. Work with the Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to identify long running problems and suitable solutions.
· To ensure that as part of the Engineering team, always look to improve equipment performance, reliability, and running costs for replacement parts and consumables.
· To undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner ensuring that Production is constantly updated on progress.
· To undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
· To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
· To work with the Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to ensure that contractors are working safely on site and adhering to site Health and Safety rules and procedures.
· To ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
· To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies.
· To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
· To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
· To ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
· To maintain excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
· To maintain knowledge of all spare parts on site for plant.
· To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company's written standards.
· To Ensure good housekeeping standards and maintained.
· To ensure the company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
You will be a proven mechanical or electrical maintenance engineer, or multi-skilled, from a FMCG, manufacturing or industrial background.
Electrical Installation Maintenance.
Electrical Installation 7th Edition
Electronic fault finding to component level.
Excellent Communication skills; written and verbal.
Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
High attention to detail.
Ability to make decisions.
Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business.
Problem solving/analytical ability.
Flexibility to work unsocial hours, possibly including night shift.
£33,000 plus benefits