Part Qualified Accountant
Fast growing international organisation based in Littlehampton looking for a highly ambitious actively studying Part Qualified Accountant to join the business.
Our client is a fast growing international organisation based in Littlehampton, who offer great career prospects for any ambitious Accountant.
- Responsible for General Ledger of assigned entities, and the oversight of the Banking, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets & Inter-company activities of the same entities.
- Prepares and records journal entries, e.g.
- Calculation of other accruals.
- Payroll accounting and reconciliation.
- Petty cash postings and reconciliation.
- Preparation of data for holiday accruals.
- Complete / contribute towards the production of high quality, accurate and detailed balance sheet reconciliations monthly, in-line with Corporate's timetable / guidelines.
- Reviews system generated transactions for reasonableness.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
- Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for legal entities (e.g. flux reporting).
- Analyses financial statement information.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls accounting process documentation (i.e. SOX 404).
- Communicates with local and foreign subsidiaries to resolve accounting issues.
- Calculation of sales commissions.
- Produce, maintain and analyse complex management reports.
- Prepare sales and use tax, state and local reports, and tax returns, e.g.:-
- Statistical reporting, EC Sales and Intrastat reporting.
- VAT reconciliation.
- Assist with requests for information from tax authorities.
- Develop and interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- Be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Assistance with audit query resolution.
- Support the Finance Manager, Financial Accountant and other members of the regional finance team as and when required.
- Qualified AAT (or Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business, finance) and/or Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, other GAAP experience is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of internal control environments and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and other accounting software including SAP and Blackline.
- Education and experience to solve issues and improve processes.
- Results oriented communication and team interaction.
- Proficient in other Microsoft applications including Word and Outlook.
Up to £35,000 + study support and fantastic benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86529507