Shift Manager - Heavy Engineering
Have you previous experience working as a Shift Manager within a medium to heavy Manufacturing/Production environment? For examples - Castings, Forgings, Concrete, Metals or similar.
If so then please read on!
With sites located in the UK And Europe we now require a Shift Manager to join the business. Working closely with and reporting to the Production Manager, we require a strong manager to oversee all aspects of the shift.
Working within a medium to heavy engineering environment you will be tasked to deliver optimum performance and output on the shift.
Location: Castle Donington
Hours: 6-2 2-10 10-6 - 3 shift pattern
Salary: £35,000-£37,000 + overtime = earnings available of £45,000 and upwards
Benefits: Death in service, private healthcare, pension up to 5%, 33 days holiday
Team: Consist of permanent and temporary staffing - Machine Operators/Packing approx 30 staff on shift, supported by team leaders.
The role in brief:
You will be the senior and highest member of the team on the shift
- Responsible for day to day running and management of your shift
- Help achieve Factory Output, Targets, KPI's, including Quality, Cost, Delivery and the efficient management of site resources and manpower
- Support continuous improvement work culture
- Coach and Mentor
- Carry our performance reviews and disciplinary procedures along with HR
The ideal Shift Manager will have as many of the following in order to strengthen application:
- A background managing within a Production/Manufacturing environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of 'Lean manufacturing' techniques.
- Health and safety focused
- Cost efficient/cost reduction awareness
- Competent at managing a multi-cultural team
- Organised driven and takes pride in the workplace - General House Keeping/Pride in the workplace/shop floor
Key Words: Shift Manager, Production Supervisor, Production Manager, Shift leader, Production leader,
Commutable from: Castle Donington, Loughborough, Leicester, Ashby De La Zouch, Long Eaton and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in the Shift Manager role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role.
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86523687