Principal Engineer - Mechanical (High Pressurised Air / Fluid S
Principal Engineer - Mechanical (High Pressurised Air / Fluid Systems)
A Mechanical Principal Engineer with High Pressurised Air / Fluid Systems experience is required to work on a twelve-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Cumbria.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Principal Engineer - Mechanical (High Pressurised Air / Fluid Systems) contract role
- Execute, evaluate, deliver and manage complex engineering and/or cross-functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements & identify and implement opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individuals are continuously maintained and improved.
- Responsible for the production of mechanical systems diagrams (e.g. air, hydraulics, seawater, cooling water systems) and technical specifications for pumps, compressors, etc, and, in addition, produce supporting calculations and undertake design reviews to support the issue of the diagrams.
- Support the transverse teams (safety, ILS and human factors) in producing the documentation that underpins the design.
- Undertake design reviews and presentations to customers
- Liaise with internal and external customers as required, ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated, where appropriate, and agreed.
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer - Mechanical (High Pressurised Air / Fluid Systems)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with High Pressurised Air or Fluid Systems
- Submarines / Shipbuilding experience would be an advantage but will also consider Oil & Gas and Nuclear
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District.
If you are a Mechanical Principal Engineer with High Pressurised Air / Fluid Systems experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk