Field Technician (fixed term contract)
Contract Duration: Ending 31st December 2019
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annum dependent on experience
Hours: Full time
Based in Bromsgrove, established in 2001 and working within the healthcare sector our client has a strong customer base and 3 business premises with a workforce that has grown to nearly 80 team members who cover work throughout the United Kingdom and Internationally.
They work in partnership with pioneering medical device Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). They adapt to individual needs and requirements by offering a package tailored specifically to each customer and offer a comprehensive service which includes the testing, calibration and repair of a wide range of medical equipment, from liver transplantation, CT injection, enteral feeding and infusion devices, to renal dialysis, patient monitoring, ophthalmic and specialist surgical equipment.
As a result of continued growth, they would like to advertise for the position of Field Technician, to support stand-alone field-based projects running throughout 2019.
- To carry out basic medical device testing and software upgrades
- The engineer must take pride in their work, maintain high standards of competency and adhere to the relevant medical standards.
- Complete all service paperwork and documentation to the agreed standard.
- Responsible for maintaining the work area and test equipment in a safe, compliant and tidy condition.
- Ensure that company’s policies and guidelines are adhered to at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Based Midlands/Wales
- Qualification to ONC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering is desirable, or practical experience as an engineer.
- Previous experience in either electronics or an IT-related discipline
- Computer literate
- A competent “hands on” engineer with a “can do” attitude, and the ability to problem-solve effectively and efficiently.
- Full UK driving license, own transport, and the willingness to travel to all areas of the UK as dictated by the needs of the customer and the business
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Flexible and self-motivated, with the ability maintain and achieve service targets and deadlines.
- A professional team player who is self-motivated and possesses excellent communication skills.
Closing Date: 31st May 2019
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Service Engineer, Support Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Repair Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Field Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Electronic, Electrical, Electrician, Medical Equipment, CR, X-Ray, imaging, printing, pre-press, semi-conductor, manufacturing, electronics, electro-mechanical, laboratory, medical, pharmaceutical, ex forces engineers, medical and dental, weapons systems, radar, REME electronics, Testing, Tester.