Junior Software Engineer - C/C++
Junior Software Engineer required - C, C++ - £25-35k - Christchurch/Bournemouth
Your new company
My client are a world leading company in their field. They offer a complete technology, product and service portfolio, that includes electrics and automation. They are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join their team in Christchurch, to assist in the development and writing of software for their vision products. They are looking for candidates that have knowledge of computer operations and are eager to develop their existing programmes and processes through professional training and mentoring from expert Software Engineers.
Your new role
- Produce tested software to customer requirement specification for their vision products.
- Install software onto Target System and perform system tests to verify performance.
- Produce documentation suitable for inclusion into customer supplied manuals on all delivered software.
- Develop the Vision software to improve performance and to enhance measurement capabilities.
- Meet with customers both at their site and customer sites to discuss requirements and produce requirement specifications
- Visit customer sites to fault find and rectify software problems
- Support legacy systems with the software team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge of computer operations, including both Hardware and Software aspects.
- Degree or HNC level in Computing/Electronics related subject
- Familiar with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux operating systems
- Experience with C and C++
- A bonus if you have knowledge of Visual C, Visual Basic and Lab View
- Have an understanding of computer networking and inter processor communication techniques
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.