SEN Teaching Assistant - Weston Super Mare
Prospero Teaching is looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to provide cover in a School in the Weston Super Mare area. This will be a temporary, full time role.
The schools also book teachers for emergency cover, so if you are looking for just a few days’ work each week this option is available. You can select your preferred booking length, either day to day cover or short-term.
- Location - Weston Super Mare
- Position - SEN Teaching Assistant
- Type of work -SEN teaching assistant to work within a secondary school which caters for student’s ages 11-16 who have physical difficulties, autism, sensory impairments and learning difficulties. For this role you will need to have experience working with special needs and be confident in supporting students with physical disabilities. Manual Handling training is beneficial. The school is a fun and therapeutic environment whereby the students take part in subjects such as music, sports, functional skills with added facilities available to use such as hydrotherapy swimming pools and sensory rooms.
- Start date - ASAP
- Likely Duration - ongoing supply cover to July 2019
- Position end date - July 2019
- Contract type - Temporary, Full-time
- Minimum rate of pay - £55 per day
- Maximum rate of pay - £65 per day
- Hours - 8:30am-4pm (term time only)
Supply Teacher Experience, Training and Qualifications
- It is essential that you have experience working within a SEN setting.
- Up to date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you are a confident SEN Teaching Assistant and would like to be considered for this teaching job, please apply below
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Supply Teacher
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behavior management