Finance Manager- Route to Financial Controller/Director
Your new company
Family owned SME construction business
Your new role
As Finance Manager you will report into the Financial Director and work towards taking ownership of a finance department of 4 reporting in the owners of the business.
- Management of all day to day financial affairs from transactional level activity through to working with the Auditors to finalise the year-end accounts
- Execution of a fast, accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- Balance sheet control; owning the numbers and taking the lead over any improvements needed
- Presentation of monthly management accounts and commentary
- Develops and implements action plans to correct variances to budgets and expected norms
- Continued attention to cost and margin control
- Contributing to the forecasting and annual budgeting process including cash flow forecasting and reporting
- On-going review of the effectiveness of financial controls and the enhancement of the financial reporting capability; thereby promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Overseeing all General Ledger activity - Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable including Credit Control.
- Reporting activities around WIP, Valuations, AR, Sales, productivity and other KPI's
- VAT, PAYE, CIS and other compliance returns.
What you'll need to succeed
Be a hands on ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified Accountant
Experience within the construction industry would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
£45-55,000 + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.